Sunday, April 8, 2018

Week of April 9th

This past week was filled with so much excitement and I would like to thank everyone for a successful Spring Concert they made me so proud and are already starting to look like second graders up on stage! I would also like to thank each and everyone one of you for making my birthday celebration on Friday so special. I adore your children and truly appreciate the heartfelt wishes and gifts.

Fourth quarter is always bittersweet as I have seen so much growth in each child, however the reality is starting to set in that they will soon be moving on and taking a piece of my heart with them. I know with the warmer weather and long weeks finding the motivation to continue with our rigorous curriculum can be challenging. I have faith that 1A is up to this challenge as we continue with exciting topics in history and science, and continue to grow our math and literacy skills.

Spalding
Phonograms:
dge, ng, aw, au, ew, ow,er, ear, ur, ie, ei, ea, ch, ck, s, si, ci, ti, y, I
Words:
pull, sew, sow, so, steam, thread, thunder, tried, try, vein
except, aunt, ant, capture, else, bridge, offer, suffer, center, front
running, run, rule, carry, chain, death, learn, wonder

Literature
My Father's Dragon: Elmer and the Dragon

Math
Numbers to 120

Science
Solar System

History
From Colonies to Independence